HaveUHeard.com includes links to third-party websites and advertisements for third-party products and services. Product and service-specific opinions mentioned within the content of our blogs are entirely the opinions of the HaveUHeard.com team and its staff. It is our hope that you will find value in the products and services these third-party organizations represent, and patronize these businesses. Such advertising and marketing partnerships help make our efforts at HaveUHeard.com possible. Thank you for your support and ongoing interest. For additional information, please read our full HaveUHeard.com Disclosure Statement
Spread Joy This Holiday Season
Our 2023 Holiday Gift Guide is finally finished. Based on recent advertising, the holiday season has started, and we are late. My email and literal mailbox are filled with catalogs and discount coupons. Retailers have redefined Black Friday with deep discounts that started on November 1st. Will the prices go down further? Check the price match policy of the retailer you are purchasing from. And check their return policy. Many are allowing returns through January 2024, provided the tag is on and has never been used.
Last year at this time, I was done with my holiday shopping. Not so much this year, but I’ve started. Help came from some elves I know (😉😉)
Top Gift Requests for Adult Kids
Finding the perfect gift for an adult child can be complicated. My daughters are in their late 20s and early 30s. Money and gift cards are always appreciated. But I also like to surprise them with gifts I know they have been eyeing. Hopefully, you’ve started on your gift list. These suggestions are products my daughters own or want. They’ve dropped some not-so-subtle gift suggestions, so I’ve included them. If you click a link, you will be redirected to the company’s website. If you buy something, I receive a small commission at no charge to you.
I’m so impressed with how my daughter’s generation takes care of themselves. From skincare to mental health care, they have taught me valuable tips. I wish I’d been that knowledgeable and aware when I was their age. They journal, meditate, and do yoga. Exercise and drinking water are prioritized. Cooking healthy foods and meal prepping is part of their routine. They love to pamper themselves with dry brushing, facials, massages, and soothing showers or baths (with candles).
- Summer Friday skincare set
- Ziip Halo
- Gua sha/ face rollers
- Charlotte Tilbury Advent Calendar – If you have adult daughters, no doubt they have their favorite makeup lines. My girls love Charlotte Tilbury. This is filled with makeup and skincare, worth $279. You can grab it for $210 plus 10% off with email and text. This was a huge hit last year.
- Dyson products
- Amika heated hair brush
- Dry brush
- Body Restore Shower Steamers– from $29.99. Check out their Christmas collection. I got the 15-pack in three different aromatherapy scents for my daughters last year, and they loved them.
- Five-minute journal
- Productivity journal
Most of the suggestions above are available at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdale’s. They include Glossier, Rhode, Foreo, Nuface, Ziip, Dyson, and Solawave. If you are unsure of what they want, like me, play it safe with a gift card.
- Body Sprays & Perfumes – Sol de Janeiro Brazilian body spray, Replica, Flower Bomb, Caroline Herrera, and Baccarat perfume are some of the more requested scents for our adult kids. You can snag some great dupes from Dossier.
- Dossier dupes for high-end perfume- Advent calendar $116.20 include a full-size bottle of their Ambery Saffron inspired by MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
- Sol de Janeiro perfume spray
From single earrings and Huggies to charm bracelets and charm necklaces, from rings to layered necklaces, my girls love jewelry. Their favorite places are:
Buying clothing for my daughters is complicated. I know what brands they like. What I don’t know is the exact item they want. Do they like it fitted or oversized? What color? Style? There are way too many options. I am taking a guess on a few items that can be exchanged, but I am going with gift cards for the rest.
- Adidas sambas– remember these are gender inclusive so you can convert many women’s sizes to men’s. Generally speaking, there’s a 1.5 length difference between women’s and men’s shoes. If you are a size 6.5, you’d be a 5 in men’s shoes. The width size remains the same. $100 and up
- Adidas gazelles
- Ugg Tezza
- Ugg mini
- Birkenstock Boston
- Birkenstock Furry Arizonas
- Birkenstock Arizonas
My older daughter has traveled over 15 times for weddings and bachelorette events in the past few years. Her sister has traveled to visit friends in Europe and to visit me. Whether it is a study abroad program, business, or pleasure, they love the luggage and travel bags I gifted them.
- Workout class
- Bala bangles
- Yoga mat: I have an Alo mat, which I love. Other recommendations include
- Fluffy robe- fluffy robes are all the rage. You can save or splurge these items from Amazon to Target to Nordstrom.
- Stanley tumbler
- Larq self-filtering water bottle
- Birdie alarm – Birdie empowers women in their everyday lives. It’s the perfect gift to share with your daughters.
Money Saving Tips
When planning your holiday shopping lists, take advantage of savings. Many of my credit cards offer savings, but you have to add those to your card. I go through my American Express and Chase Sapphire offers every month to add any retailers I may purchase from. Before checking out for online shopping, I will see if any offers are on my cards. Additionally, check your apps, as there may be coupons you can use.
If you follow Instagram influencers, they often share a discount code (as do we at HaveUHeard). Same with CVS, Walgreens, and most retailers. Check your point balances. I let my points accrue all year. Then, I will use them to purchase gift cards. You can even order them digitally if you are down to the wire, which you won’t be if you get a head start. Most importantly, include a gift receipt.
Wrap It Up
I love wrapping presents using holiday-themed ribbons, picks, paper, and gift tags. I’m excited for this year’s wrapping sesh. Here was last year.
From Our Family To Yours, We Wish You a Joyful Holiday Season! 🎅🏻🎄🕎